Quick an easy chilli con carne makes the perfect meal. With red pepper and spices, is full of fiery flavours
I love chilli con carne because you can swap some of the ingredients with what you have in the cupboard such as different kind of beans or tomatoes instead of pepper.
I didn't have chilli powder so I used white pepper to give it a bit of a kick.
If you cook double the quantity you can freeze it.
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 red pepper
2 garlic cloves crushed
500g minced beef
1/2 chilli powder
500 g cooked or canned kidney beans
425g can chopped tomatoes
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, red pepper and garlic and gently fry until soft.
2. Add the minced beef and cook until coloured.
3. Blend in the stock and add the spices and seasoning.
4. Add the beans.
5. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer gently for around 50 minutes.
6. Meanwhile boil the rice. Drain and serve with the chilli con carne.